So...no UGA football, and that's a bummer, but there's some games I'm pretty interested in and not all of them are prime matchups:
- Obviously the Mich. State vs. Oregon and USC vs. Stanford are the weekend's highest profile games. MSU/Oregon w/ a 6:30 and USC/Stanford with a 3:30 kick. I'll definitely be checking in on those.
- The Ohio St vs. Virginia Tech game is up there but not as high as it would have been a few years ago as VaTech seems to be slipping more and more into mediocrity and obscurity. 8PM kick on that one
- And at 7:30, the game that I guess at least a few people think is really important, Michigan goes against Notre Dame. As ESPN has on the their main college football page, it's the Big 10's "chance to shine." Lolz!
- Tech vs. Tulane at 4PM. That would be something if Tulane wins. They are playing New Orleans. I think the Green Wave has a good shot.
- The only SEC match-up? Vandy vs. Ole Miss. Shouldn't be much of a game as I expect Ole Miss to win by at least a couple of touchdowns.
- A game I'm really interested in is a Sun Belt match-up featuring one of the great state of Georgia's newest FBS teams, Georgia St., going against former wilderness-inhabiting, independent-by-necessity, New Mexico St. Panthers vs. Aggies. Neither team all that good, but a win by either team would put them at 2-0 on the season with a chance to build some momentum. What can I say, I've got a thing about the Sun Belt. Love Hudspeth down at Louisiana-Lafayette. I think UL-Monroe's got a strong program. Ditto for Arky St and Troy. I know it's not at the level of SEC, ACC, or maybe even C-USA, but I think it's compelling stuff and I always keep an eye on those programs. And w/ GSU as kind of my secondary team, all I can say is - GO PANTHERS!
- Kind of interested in Texas vs. BYU. Playing in Utah, the oddsmakers say go w/ BYU. I like Texas.
- And maybe the best game that no one is talking about. Some late night Mountain West action, baby! Boise St. vs. Colorado St. The line favors the Broncos, but I think the Rams are gonna go to 2 and 0!
I kind of made a few predictions when covering the games, but here's my big one - Michigan State over the Ducks.
Hope everyone is well and GO DAWGS!!!