- Garbin gives some love to a DGD (Damn Good Dog), Scott Adams. I remember watching that very tall lineman block for the likes of Tate, Worley, and Hampton back in the 80's. Rest in Peace, # 75.
- A few days ago I did a post about Tyler Dawgden's terrific post about an alternate reality if we had listened to the haters and cut Richt loose a few years ago. Well,
Mr. Sanchez[correction: CCRider - I knew that too, just got my names mixed up -MM] decided to enter the fray in his decidedly negative, contrarian way.
- The Lady Sportswriter, Kimberly Nash, lets us know that Richt isn't taking the Mean Green lightly.
- Via the one and only one, Seth Emerson, over at the Macon Telegraph (the best source for UGA news - why torture yourself w/ the goddam AJC?) - Linebacker Controversy! OMG!
- The North Texas game will be carried on SEC TV. That's Peachtree TV for most folks around here.
- From the AB-H, Aaron Murray is one TD away from 100!
- My obligatory Get The Picture mention. Thought I'd go with this one after what I posted about Texas on Monday. Seriously, if they lose this one - I'd say all bets are off. Brown might not finish the season.
- And Dawgsports' SEC Game of Interest - Week 4: UF vs. UT. Let's go...meteor?
I don't know much about them [North Texas] other than they're called the Mean Green and they've had a lot of money pumped into the program lately (think a poor man's Oklahoma St.). A few years ago, they hired Dan McCarney, formerly the HC at Iowa St., and the team has posted more wins in his two years (9) than they did the previous four seasons.
But seriously, it looks like North Texas is not your typical
I'll be posting a good bit more about UNT the next few days.I'll also be revealing the meaning of life on Friday. So you'll definitely want to check back for that.
Until next time.